summerslam 1988 profightdb

Posted on November 17th, 2021

We cannot get all the story out of this in an entirely controlled environment, but I will definitely be looking deeper in the coming days. TakeOver events were then held several . [1], "8/20 "WWE NXT Takeover: Brooklyn" Results – CALDWELL'S Complete Live Report", "NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2016 tickets available this Saturday", "WWE Presents: NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II", "WWE officially announces "NXT Takeover: Brooklyn" event pre-Summerslam", "WWE SummerSlam returns to Barclays Center in 2016 and 2017", "7/27 WWE NXT Results – James's Report on Nakamura, Kota Ibushi, TM61 in action, big Samoa Joe promo setting up Takeover", "4/1 "NXT Takeover: Dallas" Results – CALDWELL'S Complete Live Report", "6/8 "NXT Takeover" Results – Caldwell's Complete Live Report on "The End, "8/3 WWE NXT Results – Hideo Itami returns to action, Bobby Roode NXT TV debut, The Revival main event tag", "WWE NXT REPORT: REVIVAL VERSUS TM61, ASUKA SENDS A MESSAGE TO BAYLEY, BOBBY ROODE MAKES HIS NXT DEBUT, SAMOA JOE SHOWS WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT HYPE, AND MORE", "8/10 WWE NXT Results – James's Report on Joe vs. Mojo main event, Ciampa & Gargano, big hype for NXT: Takeover; Reax", "8/24 WWE NXT Results – James's Report on NXT Takeover fall-out, TM61 vs. So the next two in line behind Big E would be Titus O’Neil and Curtis Axel. It took place on August 20, 2017, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. It’s inevitable, and that’s the fun of being a fan sometimes. Moving averages essentially show the impact of more recent values on the overall trend. The first one aired on the USA Network against the NWA Bunkhouse Stampede, which was on Pay-Per-View. TV-Show (originally taped on 09.11.2021) - WWE Performance Center @ Orlando, Florida, USA - Card. On the August 3 episode of NXT, Bobby Roode made his NXT TV debut. When Kofi won, his career win rate was 52%. brand divisions.. It is one of the promotion's original four pay-per-views, along with WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series, dubbed the "Big Four" as they are the promotion's biggest shows of the year produced quarterly. Source: Internet Wrestling Database (www.profightdb.com) As shown above, Summerslam actually ranks 6th all-time for title changes as a % of title matches (42%). It was the thirtieth event under the SummerSlam chronology.. Thirteen matches were contested at the event, including three on the pre-show. From 2006 – 2009, the common loser were the likes of Torrie Wilson, Mickie James, Candice Michelle etc. The final view I want to look at is variety. Photo: WWE SummerSlam Poster Revealed – Big Match Spoiled ... WWE Summerslam 2017 Poster by WWESlashrocker54 on DeviantArt. Therefore I am awarding Extreme Rules and Backlash as the leaders. So where does Summerslam rank in the grand scheme of things? The professional wrestler shares his life story, career highlights, and experiences growing up in a wrestling family. Browse more videos. Down the road I would like to continue these types of write-ups and see what we can pull, or what themes would pop out each month so hopefully this is just the beginning. Overall the women average 16 matches per person/year, while the men average 20. Now contrast Drew with with Braun, who has been around consistently since 2015 and has participated in just 185 matches, almost half as many as Drew, but still above average. A few observations. However, this is a perfect set up to gain positive fan feedback, by showing he can go toe to toe with the enemy. Essentially it is hiding the fact that for Evolution they HAD to use women for an entire event and the Royal Rumble requires 30 people so of course they would insert anyone they can from the roster plus non roster individuals. A Decade of Sports (2010s) 6. In contrast, the women have seen 9. What we see now above is that some of the best and worst may actually shuffle around a bit. So the Survivor Series example may fall slightly as a counterpoint to the Summerslam example or support it depending on how you look at it. The Phenom battles Roman Reigns in a No Holds Barred Match in front of a record-breaking Orlando Citrus Bowl crowd of 75,245: Courtesy of WWE Network.GET YOU. Mat Memories is Arezzi’s chance to hold the mic, and he holds nothing back — he names names and tells the untold behind-the-scenes stories: from the ring, the stage, and the diamond. There is a bit of ambiguity on NOC/COC/Vengeance though as one event was called Vengeance: Night of Champions. Then things started to normalize a bit but with the exception of just one year which we know from above was the only year there were more non-NXT additions (2018), they have always been pushed to be the most successful overall. I think the chart below really illustrates how this plays out. In the climax, Nakamura executed another "Kinshasa" off the middle rope on Joe, followed by a third "Kinshasa" to win the title. Much better. The important thing to note here is, all the highlighted values are related to Rollins vs Mysterio and, it does not look good for young Dom. Either way, a win is not likely. Top Rated Matches of 1988 All below match ratings come from Dave Meltzer of the highly respected Wrestling Observer Newsletter . Say what you will about Cena but the guy put in a lot of work to entertain and not that I have any kind of dislike for Reigns, a lot of numbers do point to his protection and this is no different. No Holds Barred is a 1989 American professional wrestling movie . That being said I think our real superstars are the ones who have a decent amount of event showings along with a high success rate. If I gave you the same exercise with the men, die hard or not, I would argue you are likely naming WAY more. I will not get into all 100 incidences of newcomers but maybe we can look at a comparable event like Survivor Series (18). [11] Bayley returned on the June 22 episode of NXT, where she defeated Deonna Purrazzo. That being said, there is one person who shows up in both lists and that is Dolph Ziggler, who gets a top 10 showing for both most wins and most losses. In his latest feud, Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black won a tag team match against Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy, and after the match Rollins used the corner of the steps to injure Rey’s eye. That being said, it might be a different era now where we have seen above that extreme matches are on the decline and this just is not the norm for the Reigns and Rollins era. If you break that out by years we actually see that 2013 was the ONLY year that the NXT call-ups had a lower median, likely due to trying to gain momentum on the scene. With Forewords by Hulk Hogan, Jerry "The King" Lawler, and Bret "The Hitman" Hart, this book is a "tell all" from the manager of the most wrestling champions in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. 40 photos. Summerslam 2017. Match ratings listed above are from Dave Meltzer's highly respected Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The chart below shows all performers from 2013 – 2020 and their match totals. Except, were we all naive to think it was any more than what it was at the time? As another gut check, let’s check the distribution of matches. The fact that this is Summerslam could have bearing on the impact but with lack of crowd in attendance to give that incredible pop, it feels more like a toss-up. This table below extrapolates that data a bit further. There is really no conclusive view here. Stars back in the day were treated as untouchable, strapped to rockets and it was all about the wins-losses. Because we also have some submission style and other weird matches (like a hair match), I typically at a high level define these and all non-standard matches as “stipulation” but of course break them out into categories where we can. Below is the table of who is within the set ranges, as of this writing. Taping: John Morrison: Rey Mysterio +4.25 Mon, Aug 24th 2009: WWE SummerSlam '09: C. M. Punk: Jeff Hardy: TLC (singles) +4.25 Sat, Jul 25th 2009: Dragon Gate USA Open The Historic Gate: YAMATO: BxB Hulk +4.25 Sat, Jul 25th 2009: Dragon Gate USA Open The Historic Gate: Naruki Doi: Shingo Takagi +4.25 Sat, Jul. The best tag performers are Kofi, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Cesaro creeping in. There are 339 different men who had some sort of title shot, versus 82 women. For over two decades of pro wrestling, Dusty “the American Dream” Rhodes dominated the ring. Known for his jaw-dropping antics and bone-crunching skills, Rhodes became one of wrestling’s first superstars. Results were predetermined by WWE's writers on the NXT brand, while storylines were produced on their weekly television program, NXT. These numbers are per person, PER YEAR. For both women and men typically someone would have 1 match. During the 80s and 90s the proportion of the roster represented by women was had its peak at 15% but mostly hovered around 3%-6%. It appears that 2019 and 2020 have really pumped the breaks on bringing in additional performers. That being said, a strong case can be made for the combined impact of ALL OTHER PPV events, making up a huge chunk of the wins, so it could be anything. Questions still remain with respect to usage, time limit of matches and what not, but they have definitely been increasing their representation albeit slowly. Of the people we are studying, the list of performers who have highest success using pinfall or submissions are basically those who do not win a lot. [1], Next, Billie Kay faced Ember Moon. The first chart below shows that while Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston stand out amongst the crowd, they have been provided a lot of opportunity. I highlight 2018 and 2019 with a grain of salt because it disguises frequency. But his match count is a little low for my liking, so maybe it is actually Bad News Brown. Even doubling the parameters had just Alexander again, Chad Gable and Mustafa Ali. For example, common performers who show up in the most wins columns are Randy Orton, Edge, John Cena and so forth because they essentially were born and raised WWE, and were instant stars. The American Wrestling Association (AWA) was an American professional wrestling promotion based in Minneapolis, Minnesota that ran from 1960 to 1991. Not good. Based on the numbers above, Ron Bass would be the best. It turns out between 2013 and 2017 there was only 1 year where the growth in NXT representation was not because of an influx of graduates. Money in the Bank (2013) là một sự kiện pay-per-view (PPV) đấu vật chuyên nghiệp sản xuất bởi WWE, diễn ra ngày 14 tháng 7 năm 2013 tại Wells Fargo Center ở Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.Đây là sự kiện thứ tư của Money in the Bank.Sự kiện nhận được 199.000 lượt mua, tăng lên so với sự kiện năm trước là 188.000. Well it tells us that if all things were equal, and if everyone participated in all events in Hell in a Cell history, then there are 7 people who would have 11 wins and be better than Randy Orton who would only hit 9. The Hardy Boys vs Axel and Dallas Winner:Hardy Boys. SummerSlam was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event and WWE Network event produced by WWE for the Raw and SmackDown brand divisions. Finally, all of the above details discuss how she ranked within her own generation so to speak. In the main event, Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Samoa Joe to capture the NXT Championship. It is named after the Royal Rumble . In the middle was an interesting mix but what I find truly interesting is you have 3 undefeated participants, and the next best is only at 66.7% which means the no woman was booked terribly strongly. The King of Kings and The Big Dog duke it out in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship main event of WrestleMania 32: Courtesy of WWE Network.GET YOUR 1st M. The surprising story of how wrestling superstar Glenn "Kane" Jacobs beat all the odds to become the mayor of Knox County, Tennessee. The results of over 250,000 wrestling matches are already included and more results are being added on a regular basis While on the flip side you had a lot on the way in with the Bellas, Beth Phoenix and Kelly Kelly. The next closest competitor is Taboo Tuesday at 56%, a difference of -11%! Reactions: See a pattern? Not terrible, and remember that includes pre-1993 where TV was rare and we know the female roster was slim. [1], After that, Bobby Roode faced Andrade Cien Almas. I decided character because there is might by hype generated around a fresh character whether it is a returning player or not. WWE Champions (Redux) 23. If you look at all names in the top 20, most are either still with the company or had many runs, but Venis only had his initial run from 98 – 08, but keep in mind around 50% were combined with Sunday Night Heat, Jakked and Velocity. That ranks 6th all-time out of 36 unique events with 2 or more showings putting it in the 83rd percentile (top 17%). Bella twins. For this entry, I wanted to focus on some high level facts about title matches and match types over the years. Let’s now look at how women are used. That being said there are a few names who stand out to me on this list that I would consider highly protected. Here is every Summerslam 1993 match ranked from worst to best Summerslam 1992 + 1993 DVD tagged classics wwe nwo ecw wcw SELTEN 50 € VB. Despite the talent during this era, the women were given some awful writing, highly sexualized, and often treated poorly. Most WWE Belts 20. Itami attacked Aries with a "Go To Sleep" and walked off. Match ratings listed above are from Dave Meltzer's highly respected Wrestling Observer Newsletter. What happens when we change the view to show this rate by # of events held? As we saw above, it will not matter for the old days. While not dramatically different to the naked eye, it does somewhat imply that losses are spread out a bit more, meaning winners have beaten a higher variety of opponents.

California Golden Bears Men's Soccer Division, Melissa Fine Semolina, Does Walgreens Sell Disposable Vapes, Teaching Is More Than Imparting Knowledge, Vertical Aviation Bristol,